ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Thinkpad T40's HDD is locked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adnansid
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: My Thinkpad T40's HDD is locked. Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a T40 with Fujitsu HDD. I had the same Power-on and HDD passwords. One fine morning it stopped accepting my PW. I got the Power-on PW disabled, after that it started asking for my HDD PW which I remember but it it didn't accept it.

Now I need to only get my data and don't care about the disk itself. Can anybody please help. I have been reading the postings here but I don't know which one applies to me. Can anybody PLEASE HELP?

Adnan.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the post here
http://www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154

Are you in any relation with this user? You should know better that Bob is right, a Thinkpad T40 cannot lock the drive by itself.
adnansid
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: So what is the answer to my problem? Reply with quote

Hi,

Well, I don't know how it happened, I have tried all my PWs. Can I retrive my data?? and how?? Please help.

Adnan.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you tried all the pwds you set then there's only one conlusion:
That is not your drive, maybe somebody replaced it or maybe not, but that is for sure the answear to the question.
Eighter way, to recover the data is nonsens, if is not your drive is not your data in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: