ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maybe OFF topic MAXDATA Pro 7000x Password (MW Pro 7000X)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Computers / Unlocking (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
St0phar
Interesat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Maybe OFF topic MAXDATA Pro 7000x Password (MW Pro 7000X) Reply with quote

Dear Victor!

Sorry for the wrong topic. Very sorry.
My frend bringed this laptop to me to unlock it, he bought in Germany and what he is told to me just replace the RTC clock battery. After this the laptop will start power on to ask the password. I dismantled and looked very carefully. I found 93C46 eeprom it was readed, and found AVR Tiny12 readed too. (with ponyprog) The 93c46 removed form the mainboard. The laptop without this chip ask for the password. With this chip is asking too.
I think maybe not this store the password. I figured out maybe if I write some EEDATA to the Tiny12 (only for the EEDATA memory) maybe it works.
When I readed the tiny12 the EEDATA is only contains ZERO values. Maybe is locked the EEDATA reading possibilites? I can`t find any information about ATMEL Tiny12 only EEDATA read disable.

Maybe I was not too precise to find the correct chip on this motherboard. I working with this board more than 2 days, he is a patient and I work with this mobo in work time. Laughing

What is your idea, how can I restart? To check all ICs on the mobo? I not removed the PCMCIA slot, because not found any interesting things. But sill there 4 pcs 8legs Ic which was not verifyed by me.

Can you help to me, with any idea?

Best Regards
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard of this brand.
93c46 is used to store the NIC firmware or boot loader. Regarding the ATiny, I don't think this has something in common with the password.

If there is no other known eeprom, look for anything that can be an embedeed controller or secure storage.

Regards
St0phar
Interesat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Password Reply with quote

Dear Victor!

Thanks the answer. I found it.
This model have 3 pin RTC clock but the Battery uses only 2 pin. I`m just only shortcut this another pin *-* * and this removed the login password.
The RTC uses * *-* this connections.

Thanks the answer.
tumble
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i have recently encountered this same problem with the maxdata 7000x could you please explain how you cured this in a bit more detail thanks....
St0phar
Interesat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: RTC clock Reply with quote

Hi!

If you dismount the laptop, you will see a battery connection with 3 pin.
Originally the battery connected to the following way. *-* *
You should to connect to remove the passw. for the folowing * *-*
I think this is easy to make it.
Fux
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Working solution Reply with quote

Hello,

i found a Maxdata Pro 7000 X (relabled AOpen 1557-G) in the scrap. It has also a Boot and BIOS password.
The Battery-Connector thing mentioned above is useless because one contact is floating and not connected to anything.

Here is how i removed the Password:
1. Remove the panel with the buttons and the small LCD
2. Remove the keyboard. It should look like this: http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/23/33685091.jpg
3. Below the panel there are two small switches: http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6186/82839216.jpg
4. Here you can see the switches in detail: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3403/87370388.jpg
5. This is what i did, maybe you can start with point 7.
6. Set Switch 2 to ON. Start the Notebook, BIOS won't boot. Set it back to OFF.
7. Set Switch 1 to ON. Start the Notebook, your OS should boot. Shut it down, Set it back to OFF.
8. Password removed!

Regards
Fux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Computers / Unlocking (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: