ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOSHIBA TECRA M2V

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Computers / Unlocking (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ali_expert_sat
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: TOSHIBA TECRA M2V Reply with quote

I NEED BIOS AND CHIP SECURITY

unknown password at power on

ALERT : System protection failure!
Password =

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Disabled
Cont inchis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: TOSHIBA TECRA M2V Reply with quote

ali_expert_sat wrote:
I NEED BIOS AND CHIP SECURITY

unknown password at power on

ALERT : System protection failure!
Password =

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Hello,
can you extract the firmware and contents of EEPROM (if this laptop has one) and upload it so I can take a look at them?. You may be able to extract the firmware of a working M2V laptop using a linux Flashrom utility without taking the laptop apart.

In my case when the message ALERT: System protection failure! apeared, the locations where the password is stored in the Flash chip where all set to 00 and where the DMI info was changed to FF. So I don't know if after that, the password was stored somewhere else too, but I asume that the password was erased from the M50FW080 chip and probably not even having the correct password after the ALERT message would work, this is just an assumption. Took a reading of the chip before and after obtaining a response code, there were some changes in sector D0000-DFFFF of the memory.

DRGN997
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Computers / Unlocking (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: