ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer (Insyde) 8-digit HDD & BIOS pass calculator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Computers / Unlocking (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macd9
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: password Reply with quote

My key: 85021910
christophe
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: unlockhd.exe link Reply with quote

Hello, can someoane provide me (as PM) a valid link for downloading unlockhd.exe program? I have searched all the internet but nothing. I have an acer aspire 2920z with a blocked hdd.
Thanks in advance for all your support.
jayseesyou
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: A Big Thank Youq Reply with quote

I just want to say thank you a lot for this! THANK YOU!

I was flashing a modded BIOS on my Acer v3-772g and the Insyde bios was locked requiring a password, mine didn't work (probably due to the flash).

Using your website I successfully recovered it. I wholeheartedly thank you again.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.
allan_vcr
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Calculator works fine, but how do I get to BIOS settings Reply with quote

Victor, thanks for the calculator. It works each time, but I need to do it for every reboot. When I input the calculated code, the Aspire takes me to the Windows 8.1 selection screen. I can't find where I can use F2 or whatever to get to the BIOS settings to remove or change the BIOS password. Any ideas?
bob
S.F. Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be some special key for the BIOS, try hitting F10, ESC, DEL.

So, are you saying that you depend on this generator to start your laptop daily? Wow!
Can we blackmail you? For example, we can disable the generator until you donate $1 to anyone around you. And we need a video proof for that Very Happy
allan_vcr
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Calculator works fine, but how do I get to BIOS settings Reply with quote

allan_vcr wrote:
Victor, thanks for the calculator. It works each time, but I need to do it for every reboot. When I input the calculated code, the Aspire takes me to the Windows 8.1 selection screen. I can't find where I can use F2 or whatever to get to the BIOS settings to remove or change the BIOS password. Any ideas?

OK, I got to the BIOS setup screen: I held F2 just before the initial password prompt, entered the 8 digit key supplied by Victor, and the BIOS screen displayed instead of the boot screen. That's great, but I can't display or change or remove the User password because there is a prompt for the current password and I don't have it?

Can anyone help?
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the same computed password.

@Bob I think he ignores you..
bob
S.F. Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that too Rolling Eyes

Vic, did I tell you to remove this? Is not worth the effort, really. There's more than 25,000 hits during the period and only 3 or 4 guys thanked you so far.

Disable the generator, Vic.
allan_vcr
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor wrote:
Use the same computed password.

@Bob I think he ignores you..

That's, Victor, that's what I tried. In the BIOS Security tab, the only field highlighted/available is "Set User Password [Enter]". When I enter the same computed 8-digit number all I get is "Invalid Password; Re-enter Password [continue]"

I'll definitely contribute if I can get by this problem because it would save me the cost of taking it to the Acer service center. It could be my problem or something else.

A
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This work for changing Administrator password. Once the Administrator's credentials has been changed then you can clear out the user's
allan_vcr
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor wrote:
This work for changing Administrator password. Once the Administrator's credentials has been changed then you can clear out the user's

Thank you for the explanation. Unfortunately, only the USER password field on the BIOS security tab is enabled. Administrator is greyed out. Any ideas?

Thanks again ...
A
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power on the laptop and hit F2 or whatever key is assigned for BIOS Setup.
At the password prompt, type in 3 "obviously wrong" passwords to obtain a 8 digit code.

Obtain the key with allservice.ro/acer then input that to get access in BIOS.

In BIOS Setup go to the Security Administrator field and do not reset it but change the password (use the same key from the generator). If you erase the Administrator's password, then is not possible the reset the Users. Just change it to your desired password.

Cold reboot the laptop (off and on) then go to BIOS again (now with your own password) and reset USER and then Administrator
allan_vcr
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor wrote:
In BIOS Setup go to the Security Administrator field and do not reset it but change the password..

I can not do this because with my BIOS, the Administrator Password is greyed out and not available. Changes can only be made to the User Password (only the text for this field [Enter] is in white). I've tried inserting an image, but it exceeds the image size maximum for the forum, or I am doing it wrong.
allan_vcr
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allan_vcr wrote:
victor wrote:
In BIOS Setup go to the Security Administrator field and do not reset it but change the password..

I can not do this because with my BIOS, the Administrator Password is greyed out and not available. Changes can only be made to the User Password (only the text for this field [Enter] is in white). I've tried inserting an image, but it exceeds the image size maximum for the forum, or I am doing it wrong.

I'm giving up after trying so long, and will be taking the laptop to Acer Service and spending $100 to have them reset all passwords. Your generator has worked well allowing me to get into BIOS and Windows 8, but Acer seem to have closed the option to change Admin password.

FYI my laptop is Acer Aspire E1-510-4457 with the new BIOS that came with Windows 8 and 8.1 models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Computers / Unlocking (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: