ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T470 EC FN Keymappings to T480 EC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidplay
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:01 am    Post subject: T470 EC FN Keymappings to T480 EC? Reply with quote

Hello,

I read about your unlocking DXE Drivers and got curious about my project.

I want to use a T25 keyboard on T480, but the Fn keys are incorrect. The same keyboard's Fn keys work on T470, so I know that T470 has the keymappings for this keyboard, and it somehow detects whether it's a T25 keyboard.

I'm wondering if it will be possible with your software to modify the keymappings on the EC (instead of supervisor passwords).

Please let me know and DM me if you can develop such a system.

I'm not the only one who would buy such a service. I'm sure this software has a niche market, as many blog posts explain how to fit T480 internals to a T25 shell.

Thanks
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, a T480/T25 Frankenpad owner!

Actually my software was made to edit the eeprom area in the EC that is particularly prohibited, while what you are asking for is the regular modifications or patching of the EC firmware. And flashing the EC firmware with a banal JTAG programmer or including it in a BIOS update

Probably it needs a new scancode table modification. Also BIOS has a keyboard DXE module PS2KeyboardDxe. You need a nerd with a lot of time to waste on this and I'm not that guy.
davidplay
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally understand your position on this subject! Thank you for the hints, and wish you success in your business!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: