ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATA HDD UNLOCK EXIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baomobile
Interesat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: SATA HDD UNLOCK EXIT Reply with quote

Dear to all!
This is a good news for all you.That i can confirm the HDST 1.2A SUPPORTS UNLOCK SATA HDD as well test by me last nigh.
Have agood weekend
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bao,

yeah, we know that it works with S-ATA, is just a matter of settings.
So, you unlocked the T60 HD too and the machine is full functional now. Nice.

What was the scan time?
baomobile
Interesat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It scans T60 SATA HDD about 14 hours.Not bad
atari
Interesat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I try in bios put s-ata like 3th magistrale software dont see locked hd. If I enable only s-ata it give me wrong pass or pc block...
I have one locked hd 100gb from t60p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way is to use an IDE2SATA bridge to set the drive on an IDE port, better based on JMicron JM20330 or clones. We tested all kind of adapters, even the 10 bucks ones and worked flawlessly, of course they must support ATA host bridge.
g
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: HDD passwd set by T60p Reply with quote

When you used EraseOn on the HD from your T60p -- did you use ASCII mode or default?

Anybody know what the max # of characters are for a T60p HDD user password (when passphrase feature is NOT enabled)? Is it 7? 8? I know the T60 allowed me to type more than 8 when setting it and when I am prompted for it by the BIOS.

Is the character set A-Z and 0-9?

HDAT2 says the Master Password is unchanged (though I thought I had set it at the same time as the User Password) -- anybody have any luck figuring out a Master Password for a drive that came w/ a T60 or similar model or for a Hitachi SATA drive?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: