ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Defender - a tool that anyone should have.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Windows Defender - a tool that anyone should have. Reply with quote

Microsoft Antispyware (MSAS) the MS utility based initially on Giant Antispyware, just expired on 31 July. It was a great product in my opinion and very much appreciated by Windows users but now seems to be discontinued

Well, its succesor, Windows Defender maybe it is not as much complex but nevertheless is free and seems to do the job. The news is that it won't install on pirated versions or blacklisted PID installations.
I do not encourage anyone to use pirated copies, but we know there's billions of them and anyway to fight the Spyware&Adware scourge, maybe this is not the best choice from Microsoft part.
In my opinion, trying to protect only the genuine products will not help too much to decrease the spreading disease, but this is only a point of view.

After doing some research I found an easy way to bypass the WGA, using Orca that is a part of Microsoft SDK Platform.

1. Install orca (get it from here ro goto Microsoft website and download SDK platform)
2. Open WindowsDefender.msi in Orca, you can simply right-click on the file and choose "edit with orca"
3. In the left panel select InstallExecuteSequence, the right pane will show all actions in a list.
4. Right-click on CHECK_WGA, choose "drop row" and confirm.
5. Save the MSI file (do not Save as.., just overwrite the original).
6. Install the program as usual.

Disclaimer:
If you want to use Microsoft products then Buy Genuine Microsoft Software!
We do not encourage anyone to use pirated software, we just want to fight against spyware/adware as much as we can.
millermccullum
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Victor.
Myself Millermccullum and I read your entire posting. Welcome to the forum Victor. I think you are absolutely right that everyone should have the window defender tool. But in my view there also more powerful tool are also available so choice is depend upon the preference. Anyways Thanks. Stay Connected.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is our forum, my indian friend. I should say "welcome" to you, I guess. But thanks, I'll stay connected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: