ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24c01- can MAX232 circuit read eeprom without TP reassembly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmwtzl
Interesat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: 24c01- can MAX232 circuit read eeprom without TP reassembly? Reply with quote

I have built the driven MAX232 circuit.

Is it possible to read the 24c01 eeprom on a TP380XD without having to actually reassemble and power up the TP380XD??

To access the 24c01 on a TP380XD involves completely dismantling the laptop (which I have now done - it took ages!!!). It would be useful if I could just read the eeprom direct from the system board without having to reassemble and then dismantle again!!!

Thanks
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't read the eeprom until you power on the laptop. But you can do it without reassembling, just attach the keyboard connector to the board and try to power it on. Of course, remount what is necessary, the proc cooler must be in place, anything that is essential, etc.

For 24C01 use:
r24c01 yourfile.bin /x /d /i
jmwtzl
Interesat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Victor.

Assuming I completely reassemble the TP380XD with SCL , SCA , GND connected , would it be OK to eventually leave "short" wires attached when eeprom reading is finished?

I could cut the original wiring and then insulate the end of what remains and roll up and place near the CMOS battery/ memory modules?

Hopefully any "flying leads" attached to the eeprom will not cause any problem?

Thanks
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.., I guess the future "owner" should thank you for this Smile.
jmwtzl
Interesat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Victor,

I am the "future owner" - so I guess its allright!! Smile

There was no hard drive and caddy with my TP380XD Sad

However, I understand that the TP380XD uses the same hard drive as the 600E , T20 etc etc

Would a 600E hard drive with, say Windows 98 already installed work OK with a 380XD or would I need to reformat and reinstall Win 98? ie if you swap hard drives between similar generation different TP models, will they work OK WITHOUT reformating/reinstalling?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: