ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IBM 765D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the forum record:
The dump was good and the password is '1' (one). I think this is what confused you. Amazing isn't it? Smile

Cheers!
neverhood
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is true, itis really working and I want to say thank you for fast and accurate solution. I hope it will be instructive for everybody. Razz
13pour12
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: error 175 Reply with quote

hello
I replaced the 93C46 eeprom, programmed with the dump "ibm765D-Maint.bin". When i start the computer, i get the error 175, which means "CRC error". What can i do?
13pour12
Milan
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Victor, Please Help me. Reply with quote

Victor, please help me.
I have a ThinkPad 765D. I remove the eeprom 93C46 from the PCB. It was at the same place as in the picture by hadakaime. I read it and back to the PCB, but i can´t find the password. In the *****lines is 128 bytes of code from eeprom. (8x16chars) I found only serial number - 9546x9h551v7bm is serial number of my TP.
kx .&
ZZ5B7C2SM1 1 55
502K09 9
/  a
/  a €€€ 
59649X5H157VMB
503K01 2

I need switch a startup menu from floppy (isn´t present) to a cdrom (is in TP), but the menu of startup and password is gray and can´t enter to this menu. When I startup system with pressed F1, it want to a password. If i press only enter, it run bios menu, but only time and test menus are allowed. Please help, how can i unlock menu startup? My harddrive is formatted and i can´t run boot software from CD.
If it help, the bin file of eeprom is on page www.elabs.vracov.com/ibm.zip
Thank you much!
Milan Kratochvíl
Czech Republic
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the bin in IBMpass and click on AA button.

You'll see "DV E" at 0x38, and repeating at 0x40. That is the SVP, but must be swapped to little endian = "VDE"

Eventually, press F1 and type "VDE". No matter the case, "vde" is good as well...

Good luck!
Milan
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: I´m so stupid. Reply with quote

Victor thank you very much for your excelent help. It is really true password. But i made a big mistake. I enter a "VDE" password and the option startup is really allowed, but i enter password "AA" to menu >power on< and the TP want enter password "AA" on every startup. How can i disable the password if i know it? Will I must repeat the procedure with eeprom and rewrite it by my yesterday bin file, or can i only disable it?? Thank you for a big help.
Milan Kratochvíl
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can disable it by typing the SVP instead.
Or, you may simply disconnect the CMOS battery for a second and the POP should be gone.
Milan
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: To Victor Reply with quote

Victor,
thank you very much for all!!! You are the best man. If you will need anythink around electronic, ask me. I would like to help you in somethink.
amh
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Thinkpad 760LD Password Reply with quote

OK, got my 760 in itty bitty pieces. The board may be found at http://members.toast.net/ahines/Thinkpad1.jpg
The only 8 pin chip that looks possible is this C46A1. Is that it, and can I follow the directions for 760EL?
This site is an amazing service! Victor you're a hero!
Thanks!!
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the one. You can follow the same procedure.

Merry Christmas!
amh
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Thinkpad 760LD Password Reply with quote

1) Your schematic shows the C46 pins 6-8 all shorted. Is that done on the board, or do I have to solder all 3?

2) I have to actually boot the machine? I can't activate the dump by just applying voltage to VCC?

If this works, I'll have a very Merry Christmas. I have 4 more 760's to go. I'm hoping the passwords will be the same!

victor wrote:
Yes, that's the one. You can follow the same procedure.

Merry Christmas!
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggested to remove the eeprom from the board, so unsolder it and read it as standalone chip. Pins 6-7-8 are connected together to Vcc.

Good luck and have a very merry Christmas!
amh
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: 760LD Reply with quote

I know, but I was hoping I didn't really have to. I don't think I can ever put the eeprom back in without bridging the contacts or burning it up. Oh well, I've got it off the board, I'm connecting all the leads. I'm holding my breath...

I sure hope those other 4 machines have the same password, I do not want to go through this 5 times!

victor wrote:
I suggested to remove the eeprom from the board, so unsolder it and read it as standalone chip. Pins 6-7-8 are connected together to Vcc.

Good luck and have a very merry Christmas!
amh
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: 760LD Reply with quote

No Good :(
Checked all connections many times, used 3 different helper computers. Could never get it to read the eeprom. I don't think I toasted the eeprom. Any ideas? If no, I give up!

http://members.toast.net/ahines/misc/scsi.jpg
http://members.toast.net/ahines/misc/c46a1.jpg
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't see the circuit in those pictures.. Confused Some more details would be helpful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: