ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-occuring CRC1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve5214
Membru Activ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Re-occuring CRC1 Reply with quote

Hi Victor/Bob,

Its been a while, hope things are well with you.
I have an A22m with CRC1 (non stable) if left at the CRC halt status it eventually reverts to a blank screen so the fault isnt just with the 24rf08 contents. Does anyone know what comonent/s cause the power problems ?

Cheers
Steve.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See other posts around in the Hardware forum.
steve5214
Membru Activ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor,

Sorry for placing the post in the wrong forum.

"The usual sympthom for the ADP3421 is, when you press the power on btn, the leds blink or lighten for a while then the laptop switches off."

I dont have this problem it runs to the crc1 error then will sit there for a couple of hours before it blank screens so i guess I have more problems than just the ADP3421.

Cheers
Steve.
steve5214
Membru Activ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor,
I found this on another forum -

I have come accross several A22m, A20m, A21m, T20, T21 laptops, which gives a common power-n problem. There are so many defective boards floating around because of this know failiure. I hope IBM has rectied this problem. To be more specific about the problems.

* Machine does not switch on. When you try to switch on the machine your HDD light flash and goes off.
* If machine switches on after several tries then there won't be any display.
* Machine shuts down after 10 to 15 mins of continues usage.
* 0175 CRC error occurs due to the above problem.

I have tried working on these issue as I could do lot of R&D on these planner boards. There seems to be a problem with DC-DC section on the planner board which is malfunctioning after continues load/usage. CRC error is generated as a result of sudden shitdown.

There are two ICs used for CPU VRM (Voltage regulator module) ie. ADP3421 and ADP3410. I have tried replacing both the chips along with three MOSFETs (IRF 7811). But the problem persist.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacing the ADPs is not a 100% solution. I found often only the driver ADP3410 is fried or one of the IRFs is burnt.
In some cases the ICs are good but the circuit autocorrect functions (loop) is not working. Usually the current is messured through a 10ohm resistor which is interrupted. En fin, there are plenty of possible reasons for the circuit to not work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: