ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer TravelMate 4400 with Atmel 93C46 chip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightenFX
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Acer TravelMate 4400 with Atmel 93C46 chip Reply with quote

Can the basic procedure to unlock the thinkpads be used to unlock this particular Acer Laptop? If so, would I be required to unsolder the chip from the motherboard? Thanks.
bob
S.F. Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The procedure is the same. As a matter a fact, the password must be kept into an eeprom somewhere.
Take care, 93C46 are often used by the LAN controller.
LightenFX
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Acer TravelMate 4400 with Atmel 93C46 chip Reply with quote

Thanks Bob. You are right, it was actually used for a lan controller.... found out the long way though. Either way I to took off the motherboard and i searched and searched for another eeprom chip, but i did not find one. I didn't find anything interesting at first except a BIOS chip unlike others and and a chip labeled pc87392. That was really no help.

I finally remembered seeing a swithc labeled SW1 on the mobo and somewhere around there in little letters some instructions on what is was for. And to my suprise it included something for checking password. I shorted the appropriate pins and the BIOS did not check for password... and it let me in and change it.

I did not know it was this simple... or else i would have payed more attention to the switch...
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, could you please tell us what ACER model it is?
LightenFX
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an ACER TravelMate 4402WLMi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: